Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Power of Words!


Week # 7 of this Fall Team Challenge was all about words! As our teams press on into the last 3 weeks of this Team Challenge I challenged them to look at the words they speak not only to others but to themselves. Words dictate how we think and since thoughts determine our actions, there's a powerful connection between the words we speak and the results we get.

Poorly chosen words can kill enthusiasm, impact self esteem, lower expectations and hold people back. Well chosen words can motivate, offer hope, create vision, impact thinking and alter results! Our clients are looking for altered results!

A tradition that we've had for years at The Healthy Weigh, is to choose a word for the year. A word to meditate on, study and master. Our words were posted on the wall this week for all of our Team Challenge participants to begin to look at and choose.

At Noon, team 'Forced Family Fun' took the win for the day with a 2.07 % weight loss! Phyllis and Katelynn aren't strangers to wearing the winners banner! Congratulations again on the win and for receiving the prize for the week, an over night stay and Hotel Monaco in down town Portland! Our two top teams of this Team Challenge both weigh in at noon. You can feel the excitement in the air!

Team 'The Last Hurrah' won the honors at the 5 pm weigh-in. Becky and Cathy were pleased to walk away with the win with a 1.49% of weight loss for the week! Congratulations you two! Our 5:00 group lost the most weight this week with 30.3 pounds total. We are left with 252 pounds to lose in the next 3 weeks to beat the all time Team Challenge record! I think we're going to do it!

And last but not least...our 6:30 group! Team 'The lovable Curmudgeon and His Redneck Betty' took the win for the second time with a 1.65% for the week! Jeff and Jessie, you two are lookin' great! Jeff, I'm counting on you to help us with some of those 252 pounds! You believe we can do it...I believe with you!

Not only did we talk about the power of words today...but we kicked of our very own 'Day After Thanksgiving day SCALE.' Friday, November 26th, Glenda and I are going to be here at the clinic from 5 AM to 8 AM, weighing you in...giving out prizes every 30 minutes and just having fun! We hope you'll plan to join us and use this fun opportunity to hold yourself accountable for making healthy choices on Thanksgiving day.

Have I told you lately how much I love the Team Challenge? How much I love seeing you not only lose weight but experience a better life? How I love to watch the community support you give each other? Well, I LOVE IT!

Thanks to Craig Thompson of team 'Thompthins' and Manager of the Hotel Monaco, for his generous gift. Thanks to our team mates for all the donations that support this challenge. We wouldn't be successful without you!

YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Be aware of your words! Choose them carefully. Not only the words you use towards each other...but also the words you use as you talk to yourself!

Until next week...(and you won't want to miss this one!)
Always encouraging you.
Letha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how could I have known what Blessings would be revealed in this challenge? Letha you just keep bringing on the momentum! As I listened to your message Tuesday I was captivated,I found myself smiling and thinking I am getting so much more than weight loss help from "Heathy Weigh". I mean think about this! During this challenge "Heathy Weigh" has presented us all with full blown life coaching. Talk about cool, WOW! Now my challenge was to pick a word for the year, with so many words to choose from, what would I choose? Lord knows there are a ton of words I could really use, but one really called out to me and that word is "Improve". So I have unwaveringly decided to commit and succeed while improving!

Wishing you all success and inspiration

Steve

Glenda said...

SO excited for you Steve! Way to meet the challenges of last week...believing that you are going to have a great week this week!