Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Play Out The Tape


It's Thanksgiving week! The choices we make this week will not only determine our Tuesday weigh in, but will take us down a path and determine our success for the rest of the holiday season and beyond.

If I had my way, this week would have been a week when I would have had a one on one, in your face kind of a visit, with each and every client at The Healthy Weigh. Although we meet in a group setting, I did my best to help each client feel very personally connected to what I was saying. Going off program on Thanksgiving...just isn't worth it!

We learned the powerful lesson of "playing out the tape." We looked at two scenarios of Thanksgiving day and played out the tape together. The first scenario was the plan to eat off program and just have a little bit of everything. The tape looked like this when played out...

Although I took just a little bit of everything, my plate is over flowing. I sit down to eat and enjoy the momentary feeling that the high fat rich food brings. It's not long after that that I get a little bit of each dessert too. As the day passes I feel sick to my stomach. I'm not sure if I can make it through the afternoon without getting sick and needing to excuse my self. I head home, feeling ill, guilty, frustrated and sorry for the choices I made. My family seems to be almost glad that I didn't stick to my program. The rest of the weekend seems to spiral out of control. I've already blown it, why stop now. When Tuesday rolls around, there's no way I'm showing up to the Team Challenge to be humiliated at the weigh in. I make a decision to quit the program and start up again after the holidays...it's the holidays for goodness sake. Even though I've lost 15 pounds on this team challenge, I quit, repeating the pattern of my life and putting all my weight back on and more. I'm not sure I can even go back in January because I'm so down on my self...and so the story goes.

The second scenario looks like this...
It's Thanksgiving morning and I'm walking in my first ever Turkey Trot. It was great to be with my Healthy Weigh friends this morning. It makes such a difference to know that I have a group of people who are living and looking toward a new way of life. I arrive to my families meal with a few side dishes in hand. I have a green salad, a great pumpkin delight dessert, cranberry chutney and the apple pear compote. They'll provide the Turkey and I bet everyone is going to want my recipes. I make wonderful choices, staying busy in the kitchen, helping with the children so the young moms can eat in peace, I have a terrific day. I leave with a little turkey breast in a to go box and when I lay my head down on my pillow that night I am feeling as powerful as I ever have! The weekend is set, I've got food in the fridge, decorating and shopping to do and I feel amazing! I can't wait for Tuesday! At The Team Challenge I lose 3 pounds for the week and get the clapper!!! :-) I am entered into the No Cave November drawing and I WIN the $100! I'm enrolled in the Winter Team Challenge because when you are working to change your life...you don't take a break, you keep on running! By spring I am at my goal weight and feel better than I have in 25 years! I've changed my thinking...and I've change my life!

You choose. Which tape will you play out?

With a challenging season ahead of us, accountability will be more important than EVER! We've got just the group to hold our feet to the fire!

Our Tasks for the week will help:
1. Post Your Thanksgiving plan on Face book in the next couple of days. It will assure you have one, and that you'll follow through with it.
2. Stay active the rest of the weekend on face book, supporting your Healthy Weigh friends through the weekend!
3. Listen to the last of the 6 lessons on the CD. Body~Soul~Spirit,The Spiritual Perspective, and do the homework provided.

A big congratulations to our two winning teams this week. Darrel and Jackie, team 'Do it or Die' won at noon with a 2.55 % of weight loss!
Team 'Thunder and Lightning' was the first team to arrive at 6 with a 2.31 % for the week. Debbie and Peggy, you girls rocked!

We've got some great weeks ahead of us in this Amazing Race. Who will be the first team to arrive??? It's a close one!

To all of you, I wish you a happy, healthy Thanksgiving. I am personally so thankful for you and the life I share with you.

Always encouraging you.
Letha

No comments: