Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What's Your Plan of Attack?

We had an unexpected day at sea due to the storm. Good thing THW DINAMI is such a powerful vessel because we fired her up to 22 knots and out ran the storm. We'll be in Cabo San Lucas next week, but for this week we gathered together on the ship one more time before we spend the day giving thanks with our families and friends on Thursday!

This day at sea gave me the opportunity to "get rea"l with all the passengers. I might not have given the talk that they expected to hear from me the week of Thanksgiving...but I believe it was really good one! We talked all about the plan!

Plan; a scheme, program, or method worked our BEFOREHAND for the accomplishment of an objective; a plan of attack!

Our time together Tuesday was focused on our plan of attack for Thanksgiving day. My advise this day could have been "Stay on the program, don't deviate, having dressing is not an option..." But instead the passengers of this cruise ship heard me say..."Make a plan, and follow through with it." "Make a plan and be a person of your word."

The first question everyone needs to ask is "What is my objective?" Do I want to lose weight over Thanksgiving? Do I want to stay the same weight? Do I want to come back next week having stayed 100 % of the program? What is my objective. From there, its' all about the plan.

With 21 meals between now and next Tuesday and plan might look like this:
My objective: To lose 1.5 pounds by next Tuesday
My plan of attack: Stay on program 20 meals between now and next Tuesday, drink all my water every day, exercise 4 to 5 times before next Tuesday. On Thanksgiving Day; eat turkey, cranberry, BIG salad, veggies, one spoonful of dressing, one small dessert with coffee.

Yes, I said that!!! Here's what I believe. To make a plan that is balanced and healthy and be disciplined enough to follow through with that plan is the most powerful weight loss program of all. One of the keys to being successful with this plan is that the weekend following Thanksgiving needs to be planned out as well. Everyone must be prepared with program foods and flip that switch to be 100% on program the rest of the weekend!

Each passenger was encouraged to fill out a "plan of attack" sheet with an objective and a plan, for both Thanksgiving Day AND the weekend following! I'm excited to hear about the balance and the discipline that our clients show this Thanksgiving.

We had some happy winners this week and some great weight loss!
Noon: "Team Titanic" Betty and Stacy with a 2.53% of weight loss
5:30:   "Team Cruise Control" Ruby and Debbie with a 2.24% of weight loss
7:00:   "Team Crusin' the Holidays" Betty and Sandi with a 2.67% of weight loss

Congratulations to all the winning teams and all the clients who are doing so well!

This weeks challenges:
Download week # 5 "Exercise and Weight Loss ~ It's a Math Problem" and do the homework provided.
Turn in your "plan of attack" sheet next week.

This can be an exciting, wonderful time of year. It always come down to how we think. I'm so thankful to be sharing my life with a group of people who are pursuing their best lives by changing their thinking. Here's to a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday thinking rightly!

Always encouraging you,

Letha

No comments: