Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Strength and Power!

We talked about Strength and Power onboard the DINAMI Tuesday!  Strength coming from our breakthroughs and our adversity, Power coming from Clarity...and Clarity, is knowing what you want!

We focused on our future a bit Tuesday as we looked at a list of wants...a list of musts, that will be sure to pull us to our goals.  The passengers of THW Dinami have easily given me lists of what they "don't want," but struggle verbalizing what they "do want."  We addressed that Tuesday and I pressed the passengers and crew to really look at the reasons they are afraid to admit to "wanting" something!
Fear of failure, worthiness, our inability to dream and hope...are just some of the reasons we stay stuck in areas of our life. I took "I don't want" statements and changed them into "I want statements." It was powerful to look at it that way and I think it was an eye opener.  Clarity brings power and power is what we need to accomplish the great tasks of our lives!

I was excited to witness all the great weight loss for the week. Our Cruise director announced Tuesday night that our passengers have lost 2000 pounds so far in this Team Challenge!  How exciting is that?
We had some great individual losses and wonderful Team losses as well.

Our Winning Teams for the week:
Noon  "From Thick to Thin"  Jim and Renee  1.94% of weight loss!
5:30    "Leo Girls" Jan and Colleen with 2.60 % of weight loss for the week!
7:00    "Captain Crunchers"  Liss and Sonya with a 1.47% of weight loss!

Congratulations to all our winning teams! What great work you are doing together!!

I was excited Tuesday to make my big announcement about the Winter Team Challenge 2013! We will begin our Challenge on January 15th with a Program Introduction Class and have our first weigh in on Tuesday, January 22nd.

I'm pleased to announce that I will be taking our Winter Team Challenge participants on a journey inspired by the book "The Travelers Gift." Ever since I read the book years ago, I have wanted to dig in deeper, and take a group of people with me as I did that!  Well, I've decided it would be a POWERFUL, theme for the Winter Team Challenge!  I believe it will go down as one of the most life changing 10 weeks we've ever had!  I can't wait!

But before then...we still have things to do on this cruise!  Our last two weigh ins are going to be important!  Tuesday, we'll be having a little Christmas party with some harp music and festivities. All passengers are invited to wear their favorite Christmas sweater Tuesday. It should be fun!

Your Challenge for the week is two fold:
1. Sign up for the Winter Team Challenge
2. Wear your Christmas sweater next week!

We've got some fun to have...we've got some weight to lose...and we've got some $ to give away in the next two weeks!  I'm happy to be sailing this ship!

Keep up the great work and keep asking yourself, "What do I want" and I'll see you next week!

Always encouraging you,
Letha


No comments: