Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I WILL I WON'T I WANT

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful that a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!  Yes, that's right...that describes our 93 teams for this "Superhero" Spring Team Challenge!  We had our first weigh in, took our before pictures and introduced our teams! (with some hilarious team names I might add) Now it's time to get serious!! The 16th Healthy Weigh Team Challenge has begun!

Our focus for this Team Challenge although disguised in a superhero theme, is a very serious one! We're going to be exploring and rediscovering one of the greatest human strengths...WILLPOWER! (or another way to look at it...self control)  Most people consider lack of self control, on the top of their list when asked about their failings. That's exactly why we are going to spend the next 10 weeks on the serious subject of willpower!

As I introduced this challenge Tuesday we talked about a very important factor in building, strengthening and living with more willpower. Willpower is more than just resisting temptation. It's about saying NO when you need to say NO (won't power) and YES, when you need to say YES. (will power)  I WILL and I WON'T are the two sides of self-control, but they alone don't constitute willpower. To be able to say no when you need to say no, and yes when you need to say yes, you need a third power. WANT POWER!... the ability to remember WHAT YOU WANT!  Willpower is about harnessing these three powers! 

I WILL

I WON'T

I WANT

So...as our super heroes prepare to blast off for their very first week on program, the first step in this team challenge is to DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT!  Wanting is where the power starts!
Knowing what you WANT is much more powerful than knowing what you should do.Should's will not grow your willpower or accomplish your goals...but wants will!

YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
Write down WHAT YOU WANT and bring it back next Tuesday for a ticket in the drawing!

To reach your goal weight and keep it off for life, you must master I will, I won't and I want!  WILLPOWER! Deciding what you want is the very first step to getting you there!

A superhero is a character that exists to remind us of our potential, to show us who we could be.  Superheroes are ourselves...courageous!  Here's to 10 courageous weeks ahead!!

Tuesday has been my favorite day of the week for some time now... Can't wait until the next one!

Always encouraging you,
Letha






No comments: