Friday, January 17, 2014

Let the Northwest Adventure Begin!

What a day at The Healthy Weigh! We officially started our Winter Team Challenge with 111 teams weighing in and having their "before" pictures taken! The first announcement we made, with the room over flowing, was that we will be having three gatherings instead of two! Next week we'll meet at noon, 5:30 and 7:00! What a winter adventure we're about to have.

Whether you were new to the team challenge or a veteran, I challenged our teams Thursday to be "all in." To make a DECISION to not only follow the nutritional plan for the next 10 weeks, but to be involved with all the program has to offer. I promised the groups that this challenge was going to stretch me and it was going to stretch them too. Next week we'll unfold more details about this winter adventure...stay tuned!

It was powerful for me to talk to teens, people in their 20's, 30's and 40's. And to challenge those in their 50's, 60's and 70's too. No matter what age group they landed in... I said "This is the time to turn your back on the way you've always done it, and move to a new place!"

I offered up my very first challenge of this Northwest Adventure:

Your Challenge for the Week:
Write a letter to yourself entitled "What do I Want?"  Put your letter in an envelope and tape it to the inside of the back page of your folder. We'll be opening those up at the end of this journey to see just what we've accomplished. Show the letter taped in your folder next week for a ticket in the drawing.

Speaking of folders...decorate those white things! Come back in with an inspirational folder and get a ticket in the drawing for a great prize!

We are off and running...It's official, this adventure has begun!
I'm giddy...yep, It's going to be an amazing winter in this northwest!!!

Have a great week, write a powerful letter to yourself and I'll see you next Thursday!
See you at Noon, 5:30 or 7!!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: