Friday, March 21, 2014

Love Letters Straight From the Heart

We made it through our Northwest Winter!  Thursday was the first day of Spring and we celebrated at The Healthy Weigh! We re-claimed winter of 2014, that's for sure. With our hikes, walks and even snow follies, we were outside more this winter than in year's past. With one week to go of this Team Challenge, it wasn't too soon to start celebrating our accomplishments!

Ten weeks ago, I encouraged our adventurers to write a letter to themselves to be opened March 20th.  A letter spelling our their goals and desires for the ten weeks ahead.  Yesterday, we opened them. We read our letters together and had mixed emotions.  Some said, " I did it!" and "Spot on!" while others, including me, didn't hit the mark on all we set out to do. As we evaluated our letters together,r it came down to these important thoughts:

Never regret! If it is good, it's wonderful. If it is bad, it is experience. Don't look back in regret. Move forward with hope.
 
Sometimes the best way to measure distance is not to look back and see how far we've come, but to look ahead and see how close we are.

I'm not what I should be, and I'm not what I could be...but I'm not what I used to be!

To summarize the evaluation of our letters...it looked like this.

Look back and learn.
Leave regrets behind.
Reward yourself for all you've accomplished.
Look ahead with hope!

In looking ahead with hope, I announced the theme and the exciting information regarding the Spring Team Challenge.  I committed to something I've been thinking about for a long time...writing a workbook.  This Spring, I'll be writing a workbook as we move through the Team Challenge. The group that enrolls in the Challenge will be my "test group" as they receive the workbook one week at a time.  Glenda also agreed to facilitate a group after the hour to review the homework and information in the workbook.

With a workbook, instructors, test groups and tutors, I couldn't help but choose the theme "HEALTHY WEIGH UNIVERSITY for our Spring Team Challenge! We're going to school this spring.  I'll be delivering my workshop series written 6 years ago with new insight, new passion and new understanding. I'm excited!

We gave away 3 full ride scholarships yesterday to the top weight losers at each gathering!

Noon: Mya M with 2.76%  weight loss for the week.
5:30: Arlyn L with 3.81 % weight loss for the week.
7:00 : Matt D. with 3.24% weight loss for the week.

Congratulations to you all...what a week!

Our winning teams got to take those umbrellas home one more time...
Noon: Team "Secret Ninja's" Kellie and Jennifer, with a 1.81% of weight loss
5:30: Team "Waist No More" Arlyn and Diana with 3.07% of weight loss
7:00: Team "M&M Boys" Matt and Mike with 2.68% of weight loss

What a week...now it's down to the end...who's going to take it all??? Good luck to you all this week!!!

Your challenge for the week:
  • Do 5 indoor/outdoor activities for the week
  • Sign up for the Spring Team Challenge
  • Lose 2.5 pounds for the week and be entered into a drawing for a full ride scholarship for the Spring Team Challenge
I'm looking forward to our finale next week...celebrating all the accomplishments of the past 10 weeks. This has been a fun winter hanging out with a lot of fun people!  I'll miss this group!

Give it all you've got this week...I'm printing your certificates with my motto in my heart...you know "It's better to have been excited and lost, than never to have been excited!" :-)

Here's to an exciting week!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: