Friday, June 6, 2014

Coping Skills ~ Feeling Your Way Through Life

How do you re-cap a day like yesterday??? It was an emotional day for me because I shared my story. But more important than that, it was emotional for me because I am SO passionate about equipping my Healthy Weigh friends to cope and live their very best lives!

Our lesson for the day was all about coping skills.  Coping; wresting or grappling with difficulties and acting to overcome them. I talked about the difference between avoiding, numbing and stuffing pain, and really coping.  I shared my "life cup" lesson which does a great job illustrating the need to process not only the hard things in life, but the day to day things too. It's not hard to open up your heart with a group of people like we have at HWU! Although telling my story put me in a vulnerable place, I felt safe and loved. It's wonderful what can happen to your soul when you feel safe and loved.

Glenda did a powerful job in the "after class" explaining even further, the importance of living a balanced life. It was good to sit in on those classes and be motivated, once again to do what ever it takes to live a life taking personal responsibility for yourself. Thank you Glenda.

Our winning teams for the week:
Noon: Team "T&C Taking Control" Charlene and Tina won with a 2.97% of weight loss for the week!
6:00: Team "Mini Mamas" Becky and Ruthie won with 1.90% of weight loss!
Congratulations to all of you girls!  You rocked it this week!  Girl Power!!!

We had a really great donation that will be passed on to the top two Students with the greatest % of weight loss this coming week.  $50.00 gift cards and guest passes to the Nike Employee store! Thank you to Dave and Jennifer from team "Porklesons No More" aka "Po No Mo" for this generous donation! You'll create some great motivation this week!

Your homework for the week is to get busy with week four in your workbook! "Coping Skills, Feeling Your Way Through Life."

As we enter week 8 of this Team Challenge it's time to keep your eyes on the goal and make some great things happen in the new few weeks!  Although the Team Challenge is winding down, the lessons you've  learned at HWU will hopeful stick with you for life!

Until next week my friends...cope away! :-)

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: