Friday, February 6, 2015

Got Motivation?

Week three at The Healthy Weigh was all about motivation! Where we get it and how to keep it! Change is hard and without continued motivation we're going to have a hard go of it! Comments from clients like "I wish I could bottle up what happens on Thursdays" and "I wish I could remember what I REALLY want instead of reaching for what I want at the moment," inspired me to teach the lesson this week! Although Thursday is a great time to come together with like minded people and be encouraged and inspired, it doesn't change thinking like taking personal responsibility for our own motivation does!
I shared some of the powerful tools I've used to motivate myself and have helped hundreds of clients over the years as well:

Year at a glance calendars
Written goals with rewards
Using pain and pleasure to motivate
Positive statements or affirmations
Photos of ourselves living healthier lives
Imagery and visualization

The list could go on and on!


And what if, you did some or all of those things in your quest to lose weight and keep it off? Oh I know...you'd lose your weight and keep it off!! :-)

Here’s are some statements I've heard clients make over the years...

“This weight loss thing is like 99% mental.”
“If I could just remember what I really wanted instead of giving in at the moment.”
“I wish I could stay motivated.”
“I wish I had more willpower.”
“I wish I hadn’t stopped.”

That's why it's SO important to take responsibility for your own motivation...Changed thinking changes EVERYTHING and using these tools WILL change your thinking! 

If you think the way you've always thought, you'll stay the way you've always been, however,  you have the ability to change your future today by changing how you think. You CAN change your thinking by DECIDING to and doing the things I talked about this week!

Ask yourself..."What's it going to take for me to change my thinking?" Not "What's it going to take to stay on my diet?" ...because if you change your thinking, you'll stay on your diet!

The best news of the day was that you don’t have to allow the programming of your past to control your present or your future.

Our Winning Teams of the week:
Noon: Team "Freedom Fighters" Tom and Dana (repeat!) with a 2.55% of weight loss for the week!
6 PM: Team "Finally Full" Debbie and Gena with a 2.85 % for the week!
Congratulations...GREAT JOB!

Our first Heart for individual weight loss went out to Erica N.  with a 5.88% of weight loss! That's all HEART!!

Your Challenges for the week:
Download week # 2 Change Your Thinking ~ Change Your life and do the homework in your folder.
Put your goal date on the year at a glance calendar at THW.
Do two of the motivational things I talked about this week
Of course "Not One Stinkin Piece"

It was another important week at The Healthy Weigh.  Motivation...Can't reach your goal and keep your weight off without it!  Change your thinking....and you will change your life!

Always encouraging you,
Letha




No comments: