Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh Be Careful Little Minds What You Think!


I was ALL fired up this week as I shared the importance of our thought life and the words we choose to say to others and ourselves. When it comes to creating certainty about our weight loss progress we MUST take great care in choosing our thoughts and understanding the power of our words.



Be careful of your thoughts, they become words.
Be careful of your words, they be come actions.
Be careful of your actions, they become habits.
Be careful of your habits, they become character.
Be careful of your character, it becomes your destiny.

We not only focused on creating certainty with our thoughts and words, but we did it with our physical bodies as well. I hope you'll remember that you have control over all those things this week!

At noon we had great weight loss! 134.2 pounds were lost and rewards were giving out for last weeks challenge, linking pain to destructive behavior. Thanks to Nancy H. from team 'Skinnie Minnies', we received four $25 gift certificates from Party City to give away Tuesday!

Team 'Flab 2 Fab' won at Noon with a weight loss % of 2.0. Marilyn and Holly not only got to take the gorgeous jackets with them for the week, but won the great prize of a cooking class with our own Nancy Higgins. The two teams will enjoy a cooking class in Nancy's kitchen and take home the food they prepare! What fun!

At six, team 'Pound Puppies' took the win for the day with a weight loss % of 2.16 for the week! Congratulations to Lydia and Dalya! You are going to be stars at Pleasant Valley School this week in those jackets! Glenda and I are going to join you four at Nancy's cooking class. We are looking forward to the fun and hoping to learn a thing or two about cooking as well!
Your fellow 6 PM team mates lost a total of 98 pounds this week for a grand total of 232 pounds for the day!

Chow Time was fun as we added yet another wonderful, easy dish to our recipe file! Pureed cauliflower will be the new mash potatoes...I just know it! Congrats to the winners of those ingredients...I hope you're making that new recipe tonight!

YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
Write out 3 positive statements with words that will change your mind! Bring them in to the clinic next Tuesday for another opportunity to win great prizes!

Remember, my friends, You have complete control over you thought life...and your thought life will determine your actions this week!

Have a great week.
Letha

3 comments:

Letha Brandenburg said...

I encourage you Team Challenge friends to leave a comment!

Heather R said...

Thoughts for today:

1) I have more than enough energy to work toward my dreams and help others in the process

2)Yesterday is just a vanishing thought. Today I hav the opportunity to start fresh and create miracles

3)The road to knowledge begins with the turn of a page

Here's a toast to all of us who are digging deep inside of ourselves to turn the pages of our past into an inspiring adventure that is moving forward!

Mollie said...

Thanks Letha! Tomorrow we leave for 4 days in Vegas; today my thoughts have been around the fact that I can go to Vegas and still lose weight! That's empowering. I can't go down there feeling defeated if I do then I will be. I'm not up for that!