Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Switchback


I love it when a plan comes together. Glenda and I had been inspired weeks ago to have her speak on this very Tuesday. In the last few weeks we changed our minds, and I was forging ahead with another important message for the week. If you wonder where and how I choose what I'll talk about each week...here's the secret. Every week I ask myself, "What do they need." I am challenged and inspired to bring you something each week that will make a difference in your journey...not just for the week, but for life. The cool thing about this week is that due to laryngitis...we went back to the original plan...and what a good one it was! I believe you got JUST what you needed this week!

Trail blazing...and blazing a trail, two ways to go about it...both going in the same direction! Forging straight up the hill or getting there on a switchback...everybody ends up on top! Thank you Glenda for sharing your story about your "switchback" journey up the hill. I know that everyone who was fortunate enough to hear you Tuesday was inspired in a brand new way!

Your great, but hard words about each person's choice to think like a victim, or a warrior were powerful. Our beliefs and our thought life has EVERYTHING to do with our destiny. You challenged us all to look closer at how we are viewing our selves and our life.

Today was a great day to take the win! All three teams received $50 gift cards from Safeway to buy some healthy groceries for this week!

At noon 'Team One-Eighty' won big with a 2.56% for the week. Barry and Krystal, you are looking younger every week!

The 'Royal Losers' got to take home those horses with a 1.31% of weight loss for the week at 5 pm. Congratulations Connie and Diane, you're looking great.

And at 6:30 team 'Portland Pounders' won again with a 1.52% for the week. Mark and Luanne, I'm so proud of you guys!

We had support again with prizes donated by you! Cindy,thanks for the great books. Your support makes a difference!

Yes it's true...the black hat team won!!! With 6 more tickets...they took the win and got the visa gift card! Congratulations to Gail of 'Kickin it with Kankles.' She was the big winner of $100.

We also gave away another gift card for the people already signed up for the next Team Challenge! Toni from team 'Fit Happens' jumped up with a shout to receive her $100 gift card!!!

We lost 88.6 pounds this week...that means we have 226 pounds to go to beat the all time record of any Team Challenge! I was a little like a warrior as I asked you Tuesday to give me a number...to promise me some amazing results in the next two weeks! The response was awesome...I think we're gonna do it!

YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
1. Listen to Letha's CD's Lesson #1
2. Analyze your thinking...do you have victim thinking, or warrior thinking?
3. (bonus) Google famous people who have failed first...before they have made it!

It was a great Tuesday. I was sitting there listening to Glenda thinking, that's only half of the story. What she didn't tell you is that she has taught me more, and made a bigger difference in my life than you can imagine. The reason I hugged her that day I met her at my back door was because there was an overwhelming sense 11 years ago, that this person, was going to make a difference in my life...little did I know!

Thanks again Glenda, for all you do and all you are.

Always Encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: