Friday, December 11, 2015

Your Word for 2016 Can Change Your Life!



I couldn't finish out a Team Challenge about habits, especially this time of year, without talking about one of my favorite habits...choosing a word for the year!

We had some fun with Santa and our "Best" Christmas sweaters and then we took the time to talk about the power of words.

Poorly chosen words can kill enthusiasm, impact expectations and hold people back. Well chosen words can motivate, offer hope, create vision, impact thinking, and alter results!  That's what we're after at The Healthy Weigh...altered results!

I shared my yearly tradition of choosing a word for the year to study, master and focus on.  It was a tradition that started out years ago somewhat casual, and turned into something life changing as the years went on.  I challenged all of my Healthy Weigh friends to choose a word for the year that will alter their 2016 and beyond!

Good words last and carry enormous power to help, heal, encourage and move us to a greater level of living. I'm thrilled to think about the ripple effect of all our challengers choosing a word for the year of 2016!

To choose your word for the year,  you'll ask questions like this..."What do I need more of in 2016?" "What am I desperate for?" "What word, if studied, mastered, consumed...would alter my life?" These questions will get you a little closer to choosing a word that will truly alter 2016 and beyond!

As we prepare for the final week of this team challenge, I can't help but be proud of everyone who has persevered, and followed through on the commitment of this ten week program at this difficult time of year! I'm looking forward to celebrating all the successes next week at the Finale!

I offered up some extra incentives to keep everyone focused on this last week!

  • Everyone who loses 2.5 pounds will be in a drawing to win the Winter Team Challenge! ( two winners)
  • I reminded everyone to bring in their completed #healthyholidayhabits sheet to be entered into a drawing for $150.  One amazing winner with the greatest % of weight loss out of this group will win "Healthy Weigh for Life!" 
  • I also encouraged everyone who has put effort into the #healthyholidayhabits sheet but came up a little short to bring theirs back in for a special drawing as well! 
  • And don't forget to bring in your "word of the year" next week!


We are going to have a lot to celebrate at the finale!!

Our winning teams for this week were:
Noon: Team "But Weight, There's Less" Liz and Shannon with a 1.13% of weight loss
6 PM: Team "Oink Oink" Flint and Jolene with a 1.59% of weight loss!

Congratulations to you all!

We announced our Winter Team Challenge for 2016 tonight! "Get Your Gear On"
It's going to be a winter of weight loss for sure, and we're going to get up, get out and get moving too!  
Everyone who enrolls in the Challenge on or before December 17th will receive two emails  per week from me during the break between Team Challenges!

Important dates coming up:

December 17th 6 PM, Grand Finale! (friends and family are invited)
January 7th Noon and 6 PM 30 minute infomercials to explain the details of the team challenge
January 7th 12:30 and 6:30 Stabilization class
January 14th Noon and 6 PM Program food Introduction class
January 21st Noon and 6 PM First Weigh in and kick off to the Winter Team Challenge so "Get Your Gear On!!"

Here's to a GREAT week 10, powerful words chosen, and prayers for my printer as I print your certificates!!

Always encouraging you,
Letha




No comments: