Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DOING IT!


Week # 3 of the Team Challenge was exciting as our teams dropped another 197 pounds! As we focused on 'DOING IT' rather than the suggestion to 'JUST DO IT', I challenged our teams to be doers this week...regarding the nutritional plan, motivation and team work!

At noon,our winning team 'Forced Family Fun' took the weekly win with a 1.85% of weight loss for the week. Congratulations to Phyllis and Katelyn! You are proving that families can have fun at the Team Challenge! Our noon teams lost a total of 50.9 pounds...coming in third place for the day between our three groups.

Five O'clock turned out to be a winning group all the way around! 'Old Dogs New Tricks' took the win for the day with a 3.18% for the week. Mike and Ralph shared their secret..."they just follow the nutritional plan"! They were the winners of the Rubbermaid 40 piece containers...so helpful to have in your kitchen to continue this life of healthy eating! Our 5:00 group lost a total of 89.9 pounds, leading the way this third week of the Team Challenge!

Our last group of the day hosted the winner of the 2 lb contest! Congratulations to Maureen for winning the beautiful fall basket of goodies! Team 'Cereal Killers' took the win for this group with a 1.96 % of weight loss for the week. Congratulations to Vicki and Becky, the sashes look great on you! 56.1 more pounds were dropped at 6:30...love to see those unwanted pounds left behind!

As we focused on DOING IT, one of our biggest helps in being successful at this Team Challenge, is our partner! I challenged the teams to use each other to be better this week!

YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
1. Do something fun, creative, powerful...for your partner this week! Be a life coach and make a difference for your team mate!
2. Come next week, looking like partners! (I know you love this part)

Thank you to our sponsor for the week, Barry Brandenburg, attorney at law. The support that our friends of The Healthy Weigh show, make this Team Challenge the success that it is!

Be DOERS this week! Don't wait until the conditions are just right. Be in the process of DOING IT and you will see success on the scale next Tuesday!

Post a comment on this blog to receive an extra ticket in the drawing next week!


Always encouraging you.
Letha

25 comments:

Jackie Baker said...

Do I get an extra ticket because I'm first!?

Winderdoodle said...

Well, I like to comment even if I don't get a ticket ... but ... since I get a ticket I'll FOR SURE comment! :D

It's cool to see so many people "Doing it"! That is so inspiring to me and keeps me even more motivated!

~Wendy (Gut-LESS)

Jill Loveridge said...

Bought my year long calendar to post in the bathroom to help motivate me in the morning - keeping track of my successes - and being amazed that I have not craved chocolate in 2 weeks. I also have my students trained to ask me on Wednesday morning about my weigh in. When I tell them my pounds lost, they cheer. And some of them are even proud of me.

Leigh said...

DOING IT by heading to the grocery store right after work...even though it had been a very long day. Bought the ingredients to make this weeks recipe. Can't wait to try it! Hugs to all.
Leigh (one of the Dizzy Diva's)

Letha Brandenburg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Letha Brandenburg said...

I love the comments so far...wouldn't this be a great place to encourage each other?!
Let's see how many of our Team Challenge friends make this happen!
And yes, Jackie...I think you should get an extra ticket! :-)
Letha

Anonymous said...

Hey Gang!

Letha, At the begining of this fall team challenge you gave all the team challenge members an inspirational message. That message was to "Decided,Commited and Succeed! This week you followed up with a perfect message to compliment "DC&S"! This week your presentation was about "Doing It" and perhaps more importantly the words "Do It"
I am here to tell you I am "Doing It" and I "Did It"
I rode my bicycle home from work across the 205 bridge a total of 9.5 miles home and loved every mile of it. It was something I had thought about for a long time and never did it. So armed with confidence,inspiration and snarled traffic (Obama Visit) I "Did It" and boy did it feel good!

Way to go fellow team members on this weeks success! Now lets get out there and "Do It"! See you next week!

God Bless you all!

Steve
Team Gazelle

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone it is Katelyn from Forced Family Fun :) I was kind of shocked when I won for my 12pm group this week! I have already lost 10.6lbs in 2 weeks! My advice is stick strictly to the meal plan and make sure you drink all your water!

My motivation is to beat my sisters weight loss of 52lbs (Holly from Shrinky Dinks) and I'm defiantly "doing it"!

:)

Anonymous said...

I came in and weighed in with Valerie today and she encouraged me with her words today. Thanks for the encouragement from her and my partner Sheryl...I really want us to reach our goal by the end of this challenge!!!! Team "And they lived Thin ever after.."

Anonymous said...

Q - Ok, some of us don't get it, some of us want it. I am doing it. What is it? ...

A - Internet blogging and access to HW inspiration! My partner doesn't have internet so I copy, paste, and print the blog and mail it to her! Now, that's a weigh to stay connected to each other!

Our team is "Itsy Bitsy Buttsy" and we will be workin' the room next Tuesday on our 4th week of the Decide Commit Succeed weigh-in.

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the comments! Keep that encouragement coming, people!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing it too!!!

Val

Shrinking Violet said...

I literally turned violet during the weigh in on Tuesday because I wasn't doing it. What I appreciate about The Healthy Weigh is: the love was still there! Thank you. And, "Yes, I am doing it!"

Cathy Sork Gehlhausen said...

A tough week with so much going on! I need to move from Just Do It to Doing It to be able to say I got back into my exercise classes this week. Hang in there everyone! We can all be DOING IT!

Anonymous said...

The Curmudgeon and I are "Doin It"! We have something from our Skinny clothes hanging on up, stickin to plan and I bought a journal. I thought if I bought an extra special, pretty, magnetic closure journal and a few colored pens I'd be more likely to write..........

Anonymous said...

Just back from two days of business travel followed by 7 days of vacation! It was all great and I was able to stay on program. This morning I was down and am looking forward to Tuesday to make it official. Stay focused! Support your teammate! Do it!!!!

Lani

Anonymous said...

Hi Letha Here we go. Anything for an extra ticket!! I want to thank you and the rest of the Healthy Weigh staff for all the wonderful support and encouragement that we all recieve. Iam really enjoying the Tema Challenge and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY PARTNER.Jill is a sweetheart and a very positive person. Looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday. Jan L

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello Letha,

Oh what a week its been! Inspiration to get out there and
"Do It" Helped me to complete my first Marathon and stay on program!

I will see you Tuesday

Patty
Team Gazelle

Anonymous said...

Hello Letha,

It's been a hectic week and had a few struggles! I am looking forward, as always to our meeting on Tuesday. I am excited to see the creativeness of the teams! My partner and I have decided to meet prior to the meetings each Tuesday and talk, giving each other inspiration and new ideas! I have a awesome partner!

See you Tuesday!
Hugs!!

June

Anonymous said...

I would like to speak on the power of partnerships-I was reluctant to join the team challenge because I didn't have anyone I knew for a partner. The HW Ladies took care of that & I'm very motivated & Doin It knowing that Tressa is counting on me. That is Huge!
Sheryl B.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement to us! The Cereal Killer Team is 'Doing It' this week!

Becky & Vicki

Becky said...

Hey Letha,

Can I still get a ticket??
The Last Hurrah was lacking in participation this week. We did lose weight and that is what it is all about for us. We decided (keyword, decided) we need to ramp it up this week. So expect good things from us. Until then, keep up the good work everyone.

Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! This is Valerie! I am still "doing it" this week! I have DECIDED to take the challenge to have "NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE" of candy this week. So now I've made it public and I need the accountability and support. Last night I hit the 55lb lost mark - 55.2 to be exact. I now have 9.8 left to go. I need all the help I can get - just because I work at The Healthy Weigh, doesn't mean I have any fewer struggles than everyone else! I hope everyone has a great week!

Letha Brandenburg said...

Awesome Val...Way to hold your self accountable! That's how you do it! It'd be great for you to re-post this comment on today's blog...your community of Team Challenge losers need to see this one! 55 pounds!!! LOVE IT!