Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Two are Better than One!


Who ever thought losing weight could be so much fun? That's what we had at the Team Challenge this week...fun! Our teams showed up in style Tuesday proving that two are better than one! With costumes, matching shirts, songs and a poem or two, we entered the 4th week of this team Challenge raring to go! Rumor has it, there was a run on "Doing It" shirts at Champs this week! I love it!

Noon time celebrated our winning team for the day. 'Team One-Eighty' took the weekly win with a 2.36% weight loss! Congratulations Barry and Krystal, you two are going to have a great time at your cooking class with Nancy. 50 pounds were lost by our noon group this week. See the words to one of the great songs of the day at the closing of this blog. Thanks to Wendy from team 'Bad Genes~Further Evidence,' we had a little music this week!

Five O'clock knows how to have fun. We laughed and lost another 58 pounds this week! Team 'Kickin it with Kankles' took the win with 2.0% weight loss for the week. Congratulations to Gail and Alyssa...and by the way, loved your shirts!

Our last group of the night showed their personal style as well. We even had a team get inked for the occasion! Team 'Almost there,' loved the tattoos! With a 1.05% of weight loss for the week, team 'In It To Win It' took the win at 6:30. Congratulations to Mitch and Brenda. They persevered this week and it made a difference!

We focused this week on the importance of learning to create urgency about our weight loss and our health. We are people of urgency. We know what's important, but we respond to what is urgent...(like a bowl of Halloween candy in front of us.) As we head in to this difficult time of year for dieters everywhere, we are convinced that this is the BEST time of year to be working together as teams and as a community, to eat healthy and set limits.

YOUR CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
Don't eat one piece of Halloween candy...'not one stinkin' piece'!
Create urgency this week about following your nutritional plan! Why is it a MUST?!!

Thank you to our Sponsor for the week, Nancy Higgins. She is a true supporter of The Healthy Weigh and all of you.

Below are the lyrics to the song Wendy wrote and sang at noon. It is to the tune of "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone"..sing along! ( by the way, Wendy should be celebrating her 200 pound weight loss mark with us during this Team Challenge!)

I can see clearly now the haze is gone
All my excuses have flown away
I have decided and that's all there is
It's gonna be a bright, bright, new healthy weigh

Nothing this good can ever come easy
Working each day to make myself strong,
But melting away feels so amazing
I'll measure my food my whole life long

I've burned all my bridges now there's no return
I wont go back to painful yesterdays
This is the future I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright, new healthy weigh.


Have a great week my friends...don't let up, you're doing it!
Let's see some great posts on this blog, you're encouragement last week was outstanding! Get on face book and become a fan of The Healthy Weigh...I'm posting a photo album of yesterdays event!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

11 comments:

Barry Kennard said...

It was amazing to hear that song @ noon....and to know that 200 lbs. lost is just around the corner....WOW! So encouraging and amazing!

Glenda said...

Sounds like I missed some very exciting things yesterday...Would have loved to see/hear the sights/sounds of people who are "doing it"! Wendy...you are very talented AND inspirational!!
Have a GREAT week everyone and I'll look forward to seeing you all next Tuesday...with bells on!!

Maureen Kirkpatrick said...

Looked right at the office bowl of Halloween candy this morning,scoffed at the possibility of losing my real freedom and created urgency around following my nutrition program for the day. Thanks so much to Wendy for her song yesterday!!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! This is Valerie! I am still "doing it" this week! I have DECIDED to take the challenge to have "NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE" of candy this week. So now I've made it public and I need the accountability and support. Last night I hit the 55lb lost mark - 55.2 to be exact. I now have 9.8 left to go. I need all the help I can get - just because I work at The Healthy Weigh, doesn't mean I have any fewer struggles than everyone else! I hope everyone has a great week!

Oink No More said...

Hi Letha and All, Oink no more here! Taking your challenge to Post the blog-it has been a great thing for my son to be involved- he is wowed by actually being able to loose, feels better, look better and realizes that his changes make a positive difference for him. It's great for us both.
Travelling next week will miss Tues but he will be there!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
Wow what a week, This morning I was reflecting on all that has happened in this challenge, and I have realized several things. First, I have not weighed this little since 1990! Secondly, Patty and I really enjoy the added urgency to "Decide Commit & Succeed" especially at this is food centric time of year. This added sense of urgency is healthy for us, Last night we turned away from brownies and ice cream! and afterwords we felt great about that huge success! That victory gives us more inspiration to be strong and be in control especially as we continue into the "Foodiday Season".(Letha, feel free to use that):)
Our success as a team thus far has inspired us to go the distance!

Wishing you all success!
Team Gazelle

Pam "Itsy Bitsy" Michalios said...

The former Camp Fire Girl in me loved the poems, songs, and camraderie. I was so proud of my p for not only pushing the scale DOWN but also for her "Itsy Bitsy Buttsy" ditty complete with hand motions! "Weigh to go, Marian... And she won the "Chow Time" for both of us. Stay tuned for a video on "The making of Apple Pear Compote"!

Winderdoodle said...

I so needed the "just say no to Halloween candy" talk on Tuesday. It's everywhere this time of year and saying no becomes daunting. Playing out the "what if's" though really helped me say no this week.

Thank you, Letha for the pep talk and for all the encouragement you offer to us. I'm inspired by you and also by the others on this challenge that are DOING IT and doing it so well!

I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday. It's gonna be a great weigh in for all of us that have said no to the 5 grams of fat and 100 calories in those pesky little candies!

Letha Brandenburg said...

I SO love your comments! You are an encouragement to me as I know you are to each other. It's a joy to be a art of this community! People working together with a common goal! I love it!

Have fun this weekend and carve a beautiful pumpkin!!

Anonymous said...

Leatha, sometimes I think you're reading my mind. Before your challenge last tuesday , I had determined to allow myself ONE piece of candy. I was obsessing about what kind I would choose and how and when I would choose to eat it. After hearing what you had to say I decided"NOT ONE STINKING PIECE!" It has freed me to think on healthier things than candy ( that trust me. I have eaten every candy known to man a million times) I love that you posted the lyrics to my song. I feel honored. Blessings! Wendy

Because I Said So... said...

Sorry we missed it.. Sounds like a very fun and inspirational night... CJ and I have both decided to step it up this week. He started running on the treadmill and I started Zumba! He and I both accept the challenge of not one single piece of Halloween candy!!! Keep on doing it everybody!!! We may be competing against each other but we all need each other to help keep us focused and on the path of a healthier lifestyle!!!