Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What if?


We were feeling the LOVE on this Valentines day at the Team Challenge. We celebrated our week of "Random Acts of Kindness" and celebrated the fact that we are a pretty amazing group of people...if I don't say so myself! We also celebrated our clients that just after 4 weeks on the program have already lost 20 pounds or more on the program. Congratulations to all of you!

Mingma Sherpa, (Glenda) gave us some great teaching today about living in the balance. She followed up on the Back Pack lessons by giving us a better understanding of what being in control REALLY looks like. Thank you Mingma for your wonderful teaching.

At noon we had a new team win today. Josh and Gary from team 'Weight Loss Warriors' won for the week with a great weight loss! Congrats Guys! At 6 Jackie and Jim representing team 'Aint No Mountain High Enough' won the prize for the week! Can't wait to see Jim's Butt Bling on the back packs next week!

My thought today was to keep things simple and give just two worlds to think about this week...What If? When we start asking that question the right way a fundamental change happens in our brain...and that causes permanent weight loss. Our brain starts looking for reasons that it CAN instead of reasons that it CAN'T.

What if...I just keep on the program and lose weight every week for the next 5 weeks?
What if...I don't look at this as a ten week program but as a new way to live?
What if... I start to believe that I really AM going to reach my goal and keep my weight off for life?
What if...my medical future makes a 180 degree turn around?
What if...everything changes because in January of 2012 I made a decision that changed EVERYTHING??

Just two little words...What if? Ask them often this week! Won't you?

Your Challenge For the week:
Listen to week # 4 "Coping skills ~ Feeling Your Way Through Life" and do the homework provided.

It was a joy to spend Valentines' day with all of you...people that I love! Here's to 5 more BEYOND THE LIMITS weeks together!

Always encouraging you,
Letha

No comments: