Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meet Your Future Self

Last Tuesday we looked back...this Tuesday we looked forward.  As we continue to  look at ways to boost our willpower, we not only need to look back, and through internal processing discover our beliefs, but we need to look forward  get acquainted with our future self as well.

This week we learned about another amazing willpower booster. "Meet Your Future Self." Facinating studies have been done on the importance of knowing and being connected with your future self. Studies show that we use different parts of our brain when we think about our future self compared to our present self. It's as if our future self is a stranger.  It's easy to make plans, believe in that person, expect more out of them...in the future.  We don't really connect with the fact that that person is us!  

I've heard from so many of you over the years, "I don't even know what it would feel like to be at goal weight, be a slender person, act and feel like a healthy person." Feeling estranged from your future self is a problem...a willpower problem.
We will say yes to what we want NOW and no to what our future self wants because we aren't really connected to our future selves. We've got to get to know, become connected to, engage with...our future selves.

We got in touch with our computer generated future selves yesterday.  Some of us liked what we saw...our future self had lost weight and kept it off. Our future self was healthy and happy and thriving.   These clients felt hopeful and faithful and excited. Others met their future self and were disappointed. They met their unhealthy, overweight, discouraged future selves. Either way...motivation was stirred, either because of pleasure or pain. 

The key was to get to know our future selves. Your future self is not a stranger...your future self is YOU!

I shared a bit of my personal journey discovering my future self. It started 7 years ago when I chose CHANGE for my word of the year. Because of the great changes I made in my life back then, it lead me to sign a 5 year lease 5 years ago with plans to retire June 30, 2013!  My lease is up and It's time for CHANGE! (This story was much more dramatic in person because I left everybody having for a few seconds before I said...) "But guess what?" "I'm not retiring!"
The passion that I am feeling for all of you, the program, the changes you're making, has caused me to make new plans!

I've been offered a sublease for every THURSDAY right where we are...suite 120 at the Timbers.  Someone else is taking over the lease, but subleasing to me on Thursdays!  So The Team Challenge when it begins in July, will be meeting on Thursday!  We announced the theme of our Summer Team Challenge...it's perfect!  CHANGE...IT DOES THE BODY GOOD!  I'm excited to bring you really great information about CHANGE! What it takes to change, how to go about it, why it seems so hard...and how to make it easier! I've studied change and I'm excited to share my findings with you!

               Here are the details!
I am looking forward to more outstanding years helping people live their best lives starting with the Summer Team Challenge!

But in the mean time...we've got to take care of the next few weeks! We've got challenges to complete, weight to lose, and money to win! 

Here we our winners this week!
Noon: Team "Deadly Duo"  Tim and Linda won with a 2.04% of weight loss for the week.

6PM: Team "The Thinvincibles" Mark and Cathy won with a 2.00% of weight loss for the week.

Congratulations to both teams! And to our Superheroes of the week! Tammy L. and Mark M. you had a GREAT week!
A shout out to Ruth E. for winning the $50 for the week!  It pays to be in that 2.5 pound drawing!!

We have 2 more weigh ins! Who's going to choose to kick it in to high gear and come away from this challenge PUMPED about what you've done? 

Your challenges for the week:
  • Listen to week six, "Body Soul Spirit...The Spiritual Perspective" and do the homework provided.
  • Write to your future self, on futureme.org or a letter.  Date it Sept 18, 2013 if you want to...that the last day of the Summer Team Challenge.
  • Sign up for the Summer Team Challenge. When you come in next week, or on line!

I can't tell you how glad I am that I'm not retiring!  I find great joy in spending my days thinking about you, learning, so that I might help you, and then spending my tuesday/or thursday with you! Looking forward to my future self spending the Summer Team Challenge with you! :-)

Always encouraging you, without plans to stop...
Letha




 

2 comments:

Janna said...

Letha I cannot get an email to you my gmail nor hotmail will send to letha@healthyweigh.com. If it works for you to email me jmierandco (at) gmail (dot) com with some fresh good ideas I'd love it!! I tried to send you a big long email again and it keeps coming back undeliverable:( If you have a fax machine you could fax me ideas:) 3606868075. Not sure how else we can connect if I can't email you.

Janna said...

That'd be FOOD not good;)